That's about it. It's Monday. Not a lot went on today. We went for a drive to the bank and when I found out we hadn't gotten paid we turned around and came home. We could have shopped without buying something, I do realize that, but I was tired, the kids were hungry and it just wasn't a great day for it. So, I stopped at Carrefour and used my last 32rmb to buy sushi for lunch and we went home. We played games, bounced, went outside for a little while, tried to visit Francis who wasn't home, exchanged my gate keys for ones that work (hopefully) and watched some Franklin at which point I dozed off for a bit. Then I made supper, we ate and now the kids are getting ready to go to bed. It was a bit of a long day and I'm done with it.
One thing I meant to tell you about was the dog incident that went on this weekend. You will recall my telling you about our irritating neighbors who like to let their dog out to bark, resulting in us and several other people complaining. I'm not sure if I relayed the whole story here when I learned it about a month ago. When we arrived here in April there were two dogs and the day after we first complained, they disappeared. About two weeks later one dog came back and continued to be left out very early in the morning to bark and irritate anyone within earshot. It turns out that one of the original two dogs had died and the owner took the other away for a bit, hoping it would forget about its friend. That's the reason why there is only one dog now. On to Saturdays puzzling show. I looked out the window when I got up to see the dog and a chicken strolling around on the deck. The dog was following the chicken and trying to pick at it and every once in a while the bird would chase it away. The owner and another man were carrying plants from inside the apartment to the deck so I assumed they were keeping an eye on the animals. The bird was really getting irritated though and no one was doing anything. I had to get ready for my massage but just before I laid down I looked out again to see if the dog was still chasing the bird. Well, the poor chicken was exhausted and was no longer trying to fight off the dog but was attempting to run away. I showed Lena what was going on, I thought maybe this wasn't unusual here, but she was shocked and tried yelling out the window to get someone's attention. There was no one there though and the last time we looked, the dog had the chicken by the neck. When my massage was over I looked again. The dog was resting but the bird was no where to been seen and neither was the basket it had been brought in. I don't know if they intentionally let the dog kill the chicken or they just forgot to watch them, but it was pretty sad. If they wanted the bird dead they should have just cut the thing's head off instead of making it suffer like that. Very odd people.
I guess that's about all I have for today. It's supposed to be a super hot week so we won't be spending much time outside. We'll have to see what we can come up with for inside fun! Have a great day!
Hi Jan .It sure wouldn't pay to be a chicken over there.It was a little cool here this morning but has warmed up a lot today.rain for tomorrow so we are going to halifax to get your mothers needles. Well dale and the boys are back ,so we are going to get the piano Talk to you later. Dad!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGood morning Jan. You had a very quiet Monday, good for you, now you can gear up for today. It is hard to drum up any ambition when it is really hot and the humidity is high. It was a beautiful day here today not too hot and lots of sum. Hopefully you will get paid today and you can go shopping.
ReplyDeleteI don't think the owners of that little dog are very responsible people. It is horrible what they did to that poor chicken. I don't understand why they would even want a dog or a chicken if they can't look after them.
Your Dad called me Sunday morning and wished me a Happy Birthday, I told him it was a good job we have your blog. Tricia, Darren and the girls called Saturday night and Kaitlyn called me Sunday wanting me to check my mailbox. I tried to tell her that we didn't get mail on the weekend, she kept telling me that they had mail for me. Finally she understood when I told her that the mailman didn't work on Sunday.
We had a very nice supper last night, Shawn and Lisa didn't make it, Shawn worked until 8:00. Ellery, Sheryl, Tricia and her crew came over for cake and ice cream. It was a very relaxing day and I enjoyed it.
Carl and I went out to Steve's Satellite Sales this morning and ordered steps for the pool. Carl finds it very hard to get in and out of the pool with the ladder. I find it difficult if my back or hip is bothering me, and I know Tricia finds it hard to get in and out. There was a lady there getting some chemicals and she has steps and she said we would love them. Hope she is right!
Kenzie is at a camp at the AC this week so I only have Hayden. He golfed this morning with a friend then they came here and swam with Katie and Emma for the rest of the afternoon.
There is one booking for the rink tonight, a birthday party at 5:00 and that is it until Thursday night at 9:00. It is winding down, it will be nice to have the time off.
Carl and I are going out to the hospital tonight to visit Steve's Dad, we haven't been there yet. He has had a lot of company and still wasn't feeling the best on Friday. He was feeling much better Sunday so we figure we better get there for a visit before he comes home.
Well Jan, that is about it for today, I hope you and the boys have a good day and find some fun things to do. Take care!
Jan that is a horrible story about the chicken and the dog. I don't understand no matter what country you are from that should never be acceptable. I try to respect the lives of even little bugs. It is very sad. I even have Aunt Darlene assisting spiders to get outside instead of squishing them into her floor with a shoe! She used to do that you know. It was very nice here today so I took advantage and started power washing my deck. I have one section done. Then I'm going to put some water repellent on it. I hope the weather cooperates. I had soccer and ball photos to take this evening out in Shubenacadie so Ellery came with me. I had a chauffeur just like you. It was nice I did 4 soccer teams and 1 ball team. They wanted cards and photos so it was worth my time to go out. Ellery took in forms and money while it did the photos. The kids are so cute, I really enjoy it. I don't care to sit and do the digital work on the computer though but it all has to be done. We stopped at KFC after that for some supper. I had TacoBell and Ellery had chicken. It was very good. Now I am just about going to sleep. I hope you are over your virus. There are so many weird ones around now. I had bit of a sore throat on one side this week and then got quite hoarse. I was telling Darlene and she said that sounds like what Gramp had. So I guess I must have had the same thing. Well must go and get ready for bed. Have a wonderful day and will talk to you soon!
ReplyDelete