Saturday, October 8, 2011

Catch Up, Sort Of

Ah, I'm so behind I may never get caught up.  This blog was supposed to be about Ryan's birthday, which was today!!, but it won't be because the pictures aren't uploading fast enough.  For now, I will quickly add captions to the pictures I already uploaded from the two previous days.  I just haven't had time to write anything.  Busy, busy, busy.  That's me!

On Thursday we made a trip to an animal hospital.  No, we don't have a pet; we have Mom.  If you will recall I mentioned that she had started feeding some stray cats and kittens who live outside the building next to us.  It turns out that several people feed and look after these little darlings but there is one cat that was having a lot of trouble eating and was very sick.  His breathing was rattled and he drooled terribly.  After several days of asking around we finally ended up at a vet's office.  We borrowed a cage from another cat lover and  with a little difficulty caught the cat.  





After quite a drive we finally found the place.  It certainly wasn't the cleanest place around and the most it had going for it was the fact that the old lady vet really seems to care about animals. 






This guy sort of resembles the real vet.  Eerie! 

After getting Tian Ye to help translate we ended up leaving the cat at the hospital for three days.  It didn't have feline leukemia but I believe had a nasty lung infection.  We hope to hear from the vet tomorrow to find out if we can pick him up.  The only problem now is that there really isn't anyone to take him in once he comes back.  The lady we borrowed the cage from said she would look after him but I don't know if that means taking him into her home (if he would even stay).  I guess we will do our best and see what happens.

When the vet experience was over we went to the Mix mall.  We had a snack at Starbucks then checked out a new department store there.  I found some items for decorating Ryan's cake then managed to find a "3" candle at Ole.  On the way home we stopped at Riverside Garden and I was able to find some white icing and chocolate decorations.  We looked around for icing sugar but had no luck, which is why I had to get the packaged stuff.

Friday Mom and the boys and I finally made it to the science museum.  It was okay but not great.  A lot of the exhibits need work or someone to run them, which they didn't have that day.  Most of it was a little too old for my kids but there were a few things they really liked.
















Always with the tongue out...










We only stayed at the museum long enough to explore the first floor then a snack on the second.  When we got to the top of the escalator Nicholas sniffed and said, "Mmmmm, doughnuts.  Can I get a doughnut?".  There was a heavenly smell of cinnamon and sugar throughout the place so we headed over to the snack area to find the goodies.  We found no doughnuts but only wieners cooking on a grill.  I couldn't believe it, but the sweet smell was coming from that, not any tasty doughnuts.  Against my better judgement I let Nicholas try one.  He ate most of it but I don't think we'll be rushing back for anymore.  It was just odd.

After lunch we decided to finally go to the Liaoning TV Tower for lunch.  Nicholas has been wanting to go and it was on our list of places to take Mom while she is here.  It wasn't the best day as far as air quality, but it was a good experience anyway.  We invited Tian Ye to come with us and it was his first time going up.  It was fun!














There were photos of the world's other tallest towers.  This one look familiar?




















Tian Ye trying to find his home.





The revolving restaurant



When we ordered orange juice I had no idea they'd bring us the whole box.


The food was pretty good but not the best we've had.  Still a fun experience though.





By the time lunch was over we had to go home so Mom and I could have our massages.  It's a tough life!  In the evening Tim and I went out for supper at the Thai restaurant and had a fabulous meal.  Afterward we went to Traders Hotel and sat at the lobby bar and watched people out the window while having some drinks.  One of the people going by was Tian Ye so we invited him in to join us.  We had fun just chilling out.

Tomorrow morning I will try uploading the pictures from Ryan's birthday before we head out for more site-seeing and shopping.  We are all going this time so who knows where we will end up.  Right now I know exactly where I am going - to bed.  I'm very sleepy.  Have a great day everyone!

3 comments:

  1. First of all please wish Ryan a very Happy Birthday and give him a big hug from us. I am sure he had a wonderful time. I hope the kitty is OK and someone will adopt him. Your Mom has such a big heart. Really great photos Jan. I was going to mention Nicholas and the tongue thing before you even mentioned it. So cute! And so much like his Great Nan! The bike with the square wheels looks neat. They seemed to be very interested in the Science Museum. The tower reminds me a lot of the one in Toronto. I have been spending quite a bit of time at the gym these days. I have been to yoga, hot gentle yoga, Silverfit, Zumba, and I want to try Bellyfit, Pilates, and there are several more. Ellery says I should just get an apartment at the gym. I really enjoy these fitness classes. We are having our Thanksgiving dinner on Monday evening as that is when Dev, Liz, Angie and Stefan can come. Mom is also coming and Liz's Mom is coming for dessert. Ellery and I went up to the rink last night and he did some touch up painting under one of the benches and I swept the floor in the hall and dressing rooms to get ready for today. The ice is all in now and Hayden and Dev were the first ones on it last night. It is beautiful and clear. The women played on it today and it is rented this evening. We are back in the swing of things I guess. Verna, Randy and Ryan were in to visit this afternoon. Aunt Vivie is having her Thanksgiving dinner today. The weather has really warmed up and is beautiful sunny and warm today. Hope it lasts after two days of wet snow and rain. I don't think I have ever seen snow before Hallowe'en but there was. Well not much else to say. Hope you had a great sleep. Bye for now and have another fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Ryan, hope you had a great day. Love the pictures Jan, great job as usual. From the sounds of it you guys have had a busy couple of days. Leave it to your mom to find a stray kitty that needs attention, they seem to know that she will help. We had a great day today, didn't get to the Blueberry Farm as I told you in my email but went down to the Fish Hatchery park and took a two hour walk. Trish's mom and dad, her sister and her two girls, Darren, Trish, Paige, Kaitlyn and I all went. Tina took over 200 pictures, and we saw all kinds of little and big garter snakes. The temperature was up to 28 here today and supposed to be in thirties on Sunday. I better go and give the little girls hugs and kisses, they are are on their way to bed. Hugs and kisses for Nick and Ryan. Am looking forward to the birthday pictures. Love to all, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday to you,
    Happy Birthday dear Ryan!
    Happy Birthday to you.

    Hope he had a wonderful time and please give him lots of hugs and kisses from all of us!

    Well Hayden's hockey has started and we are spending most of our time at the rink! It was a pleasant surprise that he made Bantam A this year - he is quite proud of himself. He is so much shorter than most of the team!!

    You'll have to check out my facebook - I have some pictures of Hayden making ice! 4th generation! pretty neat!

    Kenzie is impatiently waiting for bowling to start! Hopefully tonight!

    I am back at handbells - but my arm is bugging me again and I'm not sure if its because I'm not wearing my brace as much or because of bells. I guess I just take of Advil and hope for the best!

    Enough gabber from me.... we'll talk again soon. Love to all!

    ReplyDelete