We had a very pleasant Friday here in our household. Ayi came this morning and shortly after she got here the kids and I left to go get some groceries. I needed a couple of ingredients for my casserole for tomorrow night when we have company. Unfortunately they didn't have stewed tomatoes at Riverside Garden, the only place I have ever found them, so I ended up buying canned tomatoes and will attempt to stew them myself. We will see how that goes!
From Riverside we went to the Mix C Mall and Tian Ye joined us at the new department store that recently opened there. They have a pretty good toy section and for about an hour he and I sat and played with these little building pieces, not Lego but I don't know what they are called, while the kids roamed around playing with an imitation Thomas set and electronic toys. It was very relaxing and I'm thinking perhaps that those toys might be a good birthday present for Nick (or me!).
While we were playing at the store I took Ryan to the bathroom and on the way out noticed this awesome stall. I wish we had these in Canada - they would save a lot of trouble and they are incredibly adorable.
Eventually we got hungry and decided to go to Pizza Hut in the mall. It was a pretty good meal. The boys like their pizza and fries and my curry chicken rice was okay. As we headed down the mall Tian Ye was carrying on with the boys and the three of them were crazy. I just said, in Chinese, "I don't know you people" and walked as quickly as I could to get away from them. Unfortunately, I think most people can tell that they are my kids. They just don't look Chinese enough.
When we got home from our outing I put Ryan to bed for a nap then got Nicholas to do some reading. It's so hard to actually get him to look at the words let alone try to sound them out. It took a while to read one book and by the time we were finished that one and another which I read to him, I could hardly keep my eyes open. I had to have a siesta on the couch and when I woke up Ryan was sitting beside me and the two boys were watching Max & Ruby. It was 3:30 and time for my massage. I really shouldn't have had the nap because as the massage went on I got quite restless. Of course, had I not rested I probably would have fallen asleep during the massage and not woken up until suppertime.
Lucky for Tim (and me) he was eating out tonight with some people from work. I gave the boys leftovers for supper and I had a milkshake, walnuts and dark chocolate. It was easy. After supper I played some Tonka on the computer (for the kids of course) then we watched a movie. When it was over, at nine o'clock, I told the boys that they had better get to bed. I said that if Daddy came home and saw they were still up he'd have a cow. I started getting them ready and Nicholas asked, "Is Daddy bringing a cow home?". Shockingly, this wasn't the funniest thing he said tonight. As I was playing the video game, trying to beat the level for him, he was jabbering on and all of a sudden said, "When I grow up I'm not going to have kids. I'm going to be normal." Huh? What's he saying? That I'm not normal? I understand why he would think that but figured he was too young to notice.
So finally the boys are in bed, sound asleep, and Tim is lying here on the couch beside me, sound asleep. I suppose I should follow suit and head off to bed. Goodnight everyone! Have a great weekend!
Good Morning Jan. Sounds like you are coming out of your slump. I think those little toilets are really cute, Kaitlyn's school has small ones in their bathrooms, makes it easy for them to go by themselves.
ReplyDeleteLeave it to Nick to think that his dad might be bringing home a cow. I can just picture it. Actually it wouldn't surprise me if he had, not over there.
Nothing like being told you are not normal, especially by your child. He is so cute.
I didn't go swimming this morning, I have been freezing the last couple of days, and there was no way I was going into the water. Apparently the water was cold today, they think there might be a problem with thermostat.
Skating started tonight, it wasn't very busy but I am sure it will pick up once the snow and cold temps arrive.
I am already for bed, Kenzie is here for the night, Hayden has a game in Halifax at 10:00 in the morning, little early for Kenzie.
Have a great weekend. Hi to the little boys and to Tim. Take care.
Kids say the 'cutest' things. You never know what they are thinking or maybe you do cause they pretty much say what they think. I think you are pretty normal but who knows what Nicks normal is. I really like the Mom and Tot toilets. You are really going to miss your massages when you come to Canada. I went to Silverfit this morning and did some errands this afternoon. I had photos to take at the Sport Heritage Induction Awards this evening then worked at the rink. Donna filled in for me at the rink while I did my photos. Dev and Liz went over to the haunted house in Tatamagouche where Stefan was. That was my plan but they called this morning to tell me about the Sports Heritage evening and I had to decide if I was going to the haunted house or do photos and decided to do the photos. I was really glad I did cause it was so cold there Stefan is still cold and can't get warmed up. Well must go to bed. I have an early morning tomorrow. I have Hot Yoga. Bye for now and have a fun weekend with your company. Hope supper goes well for you and your tomatoes are tasty!
ReplyDelete