Here are a few of the sites we saw today:
| These pigeons were sitting on the sidewalk outside a restaurant. When we drove by about an hour after I took this picture, there were only two in the cage. Yum! |
| As we drove home we saw a man getting his hair cut outside near the street. This is not all that unusual here. |
This afternoon I had my massage with Lena then went to the fabric market to get some material for a Chinese dress. It was late and the places were closing so we had to hurry. I went looking for a red silk but came out with a plum color. I was talked out of buying red. However, since I really would like to have a semi-traditional, red, Chinese style dress I am going to go back tomorrow morning, with the boys in tow, so I can find the material that I want. I really don't care if it isn't my color, I want it. The plum is a beautiful material and I think I will have a jacket made out of it. I would get two dresses but I'm not sure I will have that many occasions to wear them. I may not even wear the red one out, but I will have it to vacuum in!
It is getting quite cool here and it is nice to know that we will be escaping from the freezing temperatures soon to go back to not-quite-as-cold Nova Scotia. We have been told that once November arrives it is incredibly cold and much of the winter it is -30 degrees and windy. Spending a good part of that in Canada and Florida sounds like a good idea to me. I have a lot of little things to do before I go and every time I check something off the list, it seems that it has grown by two or three tasks. So, while I'm thinking about it, is there anything anyone in Nova Scotia wants from China? I never in my life imagined I would be typing those words.
Personally, Jan, I think you look very good in red. With your blond hair and rosy cheeks red is perfect. Really cool photos around the Imperial Palace. It's one bit of architecture that looks authentically Chinese (or what I picture anyway). So many of the buildings are much like city buildings here in Canada. Neat getting a haircut on the street. I have to cut Gramp's hair this week, I wonder if he would like it cut outside the rink! ;o) Darlene and I went swimming today and I have played with Jerry. I am taking Emma today to bells and I have bells after that. Stefan is going to Tatamagouche to the Haunted House that Shawn is doing. It's on tonight and Friday night. Ellery will be curling this afternoon. Not much other news and not much really exciting. Pretty much the same old stuff but all good! Have a great day and bye for now!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you guys enjoyed your vacation day. I love the pictures, especially those of the Imperial Palace.
ReplyDeleteI also think you would look good in red, hope you can find what you are looking for.
The Chinese people seem to do whatever they have to do wherever they happen to be. Imagine getting a haircut outdoors, hope they have a place to move to when it rains and turns cold.
I was very lazy today, did not muster up energy until late this afternoon. I did some vacuuming and worked on my piece for rug hooking class. That was about it. It rained here today and I work better when the sun is shining.
I wanted to take the boys to the Haunted House in Tatamagouche, but they really do not want to go, so I guess I will miss it also. Oh well, maybe next year.
As Sheryl said, not much news around here, but we are keeping busy.
Must go and see if I can get some more work done, or I might just read for a while.
Have a great day, take care.