Friday, October 14, 2011

A Long, Lousy Day

It wasn't a big surprise that today was a rather depressing one, but I'm still glad it's almost over.  It's just after seven in the evening and Ryan is asleep.  I would like to be!  Everyone is a little tired but especially the kids who were up late with Nanny then both slept in Nick's bed with her.



Heading out with two suitcases more than what she came with.


Nick was smiling until we arrived at the airport and started to get out of the van.  Ryan said that Nanny wasn't allowed to leave.






One last group photo...

and one with Tian Ye.  Then it was time for hugs and tears...

and off she went...

looking fantastic and blowing kisses.

Once she was gone we got the kids ice cream sundaes for breakfast because chocolate always makes a person feel better.

Ryan was happy to be watching construction...

and Tian Ye comforted Tim who was actually sad to see his mother-in-law go.  No, really!  

We took Tim to work and although I was supposed to go to the bank I changed my mind and had Tian Ye bring us home.  My head was aching and I was tired.  By the time we got here it was raining again and ayi was here cleaning.  I think she tried to tell me that she was sad to come and not have Mom here.  For the rest of the day I bounced back and forth between wanting to sleep and trying to find the energy to get the kids outside.  We ended up watching a few movies, reading books, coloring and talking about how much fun we had with Nanny and wishing she was still here.  I feel like I'm recovering from a flu (possibly a result of the cheesecake I ate last night and this morning) and just want to go to bed.  I will try to make it to nine o'clock.

I'm sure tomorrow will be a great day, hopefully with some sunshine.  We will go to YooHoo for some groceries and, time permitting, will have a look for a bicycle for me.  I am hoping to get one with a seat for Ryan, if he will sit in it, so the three of us can go biking during the day.  The weather is perfect for it now.  Tomorrow evening we are having a dinner guest.  Chris, whose family will be moving here in less that a month, is visiting to search for an apartment so he will join us for supper.  It will be nice to meet him!

I guess that's it for now.  Let this Friday be done!

4 comments:

  1. How sad Jan - I've always hated good byes - leaving Uncle Ed and Aunt Jen at the airport - I always cried... still do when Aunt Jen leaves.

    It won't be long and you will all be together again! Just think of all the memories you are making!

    Mom and Donna come home from Ontario on Sunday - the boys and I have really missed her. I'm sure Dad will appreciate having her home to do all of my running around!

    I've been busy pickling and next on my list is jam... now to find strawberries and certo!! I know I am a little late but now that I have found WOW butter (peanut butter alternative) Kenzie is practically living on WOW butter and jam sandwiches for school lunches! We had to make a rule - WOW for School - regular peanut butter for home!

    Well I am at work, so I guess I had better actually do some work - since it is Friday! hehehehe

    Love to all,
    Stevie, Tracy and the munchkins!

    Stinky piggy toes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in Jan, your Friday is almost over. Like Tracy I also hate good byes. You will be home before you know it, and we are all just waiting.
    It is hard to believe that Donna and I only have two days left. The time has gone so quickly. Paige and Kaitlyn have a Brownie/Sparks camp this weekend. They go tonight and Tricia is picking them up on Saturday night so they can come to the airport with us.
    Hope you get a good nights sleep and tomorrow will be a better day. It will take a little adjusting to your mom not being there.
    Love to all, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what sad day for you guys but the time will go . so fast.\before you know it you will be here.. I have two more days and I will be heading home as well.looking forward to going home to see everyone and getting back to work. will miss Lannie tho. well hon I am off to the shower in a few minutes so smile and try to get some sleep.Love you guys.xoxoxooxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Jan the worst of the good bye is over and now on to happy times! As you say tomorrow will be more adventures for you and the boys and your Mom is going to have lots of fun showing us all of her new stuff from China. Her jacket looks so good on her. I have been telling everyone at the pool and gym about your Mom's trip and they are all very jealous! I went swimming this morning and to Silverfit. I have Warm Yin Yoga this evening. I can hardly wait. It is so relaxing. Well must go get some lunch. Have fun picking out a new bike. Bye for now!

    ReplyDelete