Missing In Action. That's me the last few days. Not just from the blog but inside my mind. It's got a lot to do with the weather I'm sure. Not that it's bad here, but just different. Because of that my face hurts, my head aches and I just feel 'off'. It's nothing new and seems to happen every year about this time. I'm not depressed, homesick or wishing I was somewhere else though, so that's good. I guess it's just a funk and it will pass.
On a brighter note, the boys and I will leave for Canada one month from today! At that point we will have been away from Canada for almost eight months. It's hard to believe how quickly the time has gone by. Perhaps the scariest part is that I haven't driven a vehicle since April 2nd and I will be getting back on the road as soon as possible. I will understand if anyone calls in sick to work or school that day and stays safely in the comfort of their home. I'm wondering whom I will have to suck-up to in order to get a chance to drive. Any brave people out there willing to hand over their vehicle?
I have spent most of the last few days dealing with vacation rental woes unlike anything I have even experienced. It all seems to be worked out now so we are excited again for our trip to Florida. I have a lot of things I want to get done before we go and managed to accomplish one task today - the dreaded cleaning of our office/dumping ground. It was horrific but after only about two hours I had it organized again and ayi was able to clean the floor for me.
While ayi was here today I was roaming around putting things away when I walked into Nick's room and had quite a scare. As I entered I saw a man outside his window and it really startled me, mostly because we live on the sixth floor and there shouldn't be anyone outside our windows. It turns out he was hanging by a rope from the top of the building which is eighteen stories high so he could caulk windows. I should have stopped him and asked if he would clean mine. The next time he came down the rope it was on the other side of the building and we had the camera ready for a picture.
Looks like fun, eh?
Here's a picture of the boys enjoying the photo albums that Darlene sent over with Mom. The lucky people who visit us almost always get treated to a long session of perusing pictures with two boys talking, pointing and trying to turn pages at the same time. They have to show anyone they can who and what is back in Canada.
So, I think that's it for tonight. Tomorrow we are heading out to IKEA for more dark chocolate as I've gone on a bit of a binge this week. Other than that I'm not sure what we will be doing but rest assured, it won't be too interesting. Goodnight!
Glad to hear from you Jan. Sorry to hear about your funk but it happens to all of us at one point or another. Won't be long now that you will be in Canada and I'm sure you will make out just fine driving. Glad that you got your accommodations problem resolved for your trip to Florida. It would be pretty creepy to have someone outside your window. I don't think I would like that job. I am not a person that like heights. We went swimming this morning and I am doing laundry now. Ellery went curling and I am going to the gym for Zumba at supper time and for Warm Yin Yoga at 7:15 so that will be my fitness for today. Well must go and get some vacuuming done. Bye for now! Have fun at IKEA and enjoy your dark chocolate!
ReplyDeleteHang in there Jan, just one more month and you will be on your way home. We would lend you our car in a minute! That guy outside your window looks like he is almost asleep. I wouldn't want his job. Nick seems to be quite interested.
ReplyDeleteStevie, Carl and I started to get things ready to close the pool. We got the steps out, Carl dropped the water level and shocked it after supper. We probably will finish it up on Sunday. Hayden doesn't have hockey on Sunday, he is in Amherst tonight and Amherst is here on Saturday, it is supposed to be fine and around 15 on Sunday, so we should be able to finish it up. Kenzie is here for a sleep over, we didn't have skating tonight so he has been playing GI Joe and the WII. Carl just went to the drug store, we are out of milk. We no longer have door to door delivery and it is only 2.99 (compared to 4.05) at MacQuarries.
Hope you will have a better day today, now that you have your accommodation problem solved that will be one less stress.
Hi to the boys, take care.
hey girl...Sorry you are a little under the weather...Hope you feel better soon.I am just catching up on the blog now..Busy busy....I am now selling Avon so that is something different.I just started so hope it goes well.All is well over in this part of the world. Not much changes over here.You will miss your massages when u come home. You will have to go to one around here...Lol.I am babysitting Bradyn today for a few hours.Trish is back to work and loving it.Bradyn doesn't quite know what to think but he is so laid back.He has been to the babysitters a couple of times and did fine.It is good that I can help them out and keep him when I am not working.He is letting go of things and soon will be on his way I am thinking,You will see quite a difference in him. Well hon.You have a wonderful day and hope to see you soon.Stay safe.Love you guys XOOXOXOOX
ReplyDelete