Today was absolutely gorgeous here and for the first time in a week the skies were blue and the air was clear. We took advantage and spent part of the morning outside roaming around. Interestingly enough we met a man from France who now lives in Shenyang with his Chinese wife and their daughter, Caroline. She is only four days older than our friend Caroline.
This afternoon while Ryan was having his nap Nicholas and I decided to go for a bike ride. I had to borrow Sue's bike again so I think tomorrow morning we will go in search of one for me. The trick will be convincing Ryan to get into a seat on the back so the three of us can go together. Anyway, for today Nick and I rode through the park to the end. Once we got there we bought a drink and slowly made our way back toward Eastern Venice. We stopped a couple times to rest, once on a nice dock along the river. The next time was at a man-made beach where several people were flying some really neat kites. When Mom was here she got a video which I meant to post a long time ago but will today since it applies here. These are the coolest sounding kites ever and it takes a lot of skill to fly them.
One man who was there today was standing on the sand flying two of the kites at once. The wind was so strong that they actually started dragging him along a few times. A young boy had to have his father hold on to him to keep his kite from tripping him. One guy was showing off by flying his over the river and bringing it down low enough to just dip the tip of the wing into the water. He wasn't quite as good as he thought he was though. He ended up nose-diving the thing right into the river, twice. It was kind of funny. Too bad I didn't have a video camera today.
Tonight I have spent most of the evening on the computer dealing with vacation rental issues. Don't worry though. We will still be spending Christmas in warm, sunny (I hope) Florida. I know you were getting concerned about us there for a minute.
I must get to bed. It is late and tomorrow should be a busy day. Night all!
Really cool kites Jan. I have never heard heard them make a noise like that before. I was up to visit your Mom today and she showed me her beautiful clothes she had made in China. The fabric is amazing and the quality of workmanship was wonderful as was the price. I can't believe what you can have made in such a short amount of time. I loved her new boots and she said they are very comfortable. She had such a terrific trip and says she would go back again next week. I am just making supper so much go get it finished. Bye for now.
ReplyDeleteQuite the air show Jan, really amazing. I guess Kite flying is very popular in China. It will really be nice to have another couple close by and especially one with three little boys. That would be great company for Nick and Ryan and someone to play with. Donna and I had a good flight home, very fast, I didn't even get a chapter of my book read. I called your dad when I got home to see how your mom made out. I told them I would be up next week, will give her a couple of days to catch up. I am tired tonight, afraid I have spent too many nights up watching TV with Darren and Trish and then sleeping in until 8:30. That will all change now that I am home. It was a good break for me and I really enjoyed just visiting and playing with the girls. Tomorrow I will have to get busy printing off your blog for the last week and a half, I imagine Gramp and Viv are anxious to catch up.
ReplyDeleteIt was great to talk to you and Nick the other day, the girls thought it was pretty neat talking to you all the way from China.
Must go and finish unpacking my suitcase and get my swimming gear ready, it is back to the daily routine tomorrow. Hope you guys have a great Monday. Hi to Tim, hugs and kisses for Nick and Ryan. Take Care.
Chris had such a great time with you guys! He is totally use to getting pulled in a zillion directions. The apartment decision was a hard one, but I'm still hoping we can see each other a lot especially so the boys can play together. Chris mentioned Thailand today. It's definitely still something we have to think about (or rather he has to think about on account of work) but he acts like it's a possibility! That's promising! He is headed back home....thank goodness. It's had to believe that next time he goes back that we will all be with him!
ReplyDelete