This morning I managed to get back to the fabric market (all by myself!) where I bought not one piece of fabric but several. I found a few designs that I liked so when Sue showed up at 5:30 this evening I was ready for her. I was able to get our printer working so I printed off pictures of what I wanted and it didn't take long for her to get everything figured out. The blouse that she started for me when Mom was here arrived but it was too big so I sent it back for alterations. It's pretty but perhaps a little blah. I will try and get pictures when I get it back. The rest of my stuff, including my RED dress, is supposed to be ready in two weeks. I hope so since we leave in a little over three.
Since Celine and Caroline were watching the boys for me while I was out, I decided to take a few extra minutes and check out the building next to the one that houses the fabric market. I should have done this a long time ago! It is several floors of packaged food, candy, nuts and seeds, tea and so much more. It's like the Bulk Barn times a thousand. I bought something that has been almost impossible to find here - walnuts. You can get them at the grocery store but most have seasonings and salt coating them and when I did find plain ones they cost a small fortune. I was able to get a little over a kilo for 60 yuan (about $9). I would have bought other kinds of nuts too but I had spent most of my money on material. We will go back this weekend to explore and see what goodies we can find.
This afternoon Celine and Caroline came back and we had a gouter. A French afternoon snack for which she made a cake. We were supposed to go to her place but I had to stay home as my replacement credit card was due to show up sometime today. I was skeptical as it left Canada just a few days ago but, low and behold, at about 6:30 tonight, it arrived. Hooray, I can shop online again!
So that's about it for tonight. I must do a little more online browsing then go to bed. Night all!
So glad you got your credit card. I would be lost without mine. Nice to hear you got your fabric and we will expect to see some modeling when you get home. I really like bulk barn here for nuts and special goodies. I'm sure you will make good use of your new find. Mom and I just got back from visiting with Helen, Elaine and Brian. We had a really nice day. It was beautiful weather for driving and got there about 2:30. Elaine and Brian made a delicious supper with stir fries and rice, custard and pumpkin pie. Yum Yum!! We had a great visit then around 8:30 we left for home and just got in about 30 mins. ago. I went to Zumba this morning and came home played with Jerry and got Gramp's hair cut. Had a very busy day now it is time for bed. Have a great day tomorrow! Bye for now!
ReplyDeleteGlad you were able to find your material for your red dress, I would love to be able to have my clothes hand made, but it would cost a fortune here.
ReplyDeleteYou must have been excited to find a store that carries plain walnuts and all the other goodies as well. I find even when I go to Darren's, they don't always have the same brands of foods that we have here, and I do like my favorites no matter where I am.
My friend Doug called yesterday and invited me to go to hear a singing duo from England, Breeze and Wilson. They were really good and I enjoyed the show. Stan Carew, host of the Weekend Mornings radio show on CBC apparently plays their CD's on the show.
I didn't go swimming this morning, Hayden had to be picked up at Mariposa, Gramp had a dentist appointment at 10 and the rink was booked at 10. I wanted to work downstairs so Ellery could work at Tricia's trailer. He and Stefie are putting on the skirting.
It was cold here today, and there is a chance of snow overnight, just what I don't want. The boys have an in-service day tomorrow, so they are quite happy.
Well Jan, not much news from this end, it has been pretty quiet.
Must go and get ready for bed.
Enjoy your day, take care.
Glad you made it to your fabric place . Not much new here.Trish ,Jason,Em and Bradyn all went for their flu shots last night so hopefully this will keep them all healthy for the winter. The rink is in full swing and very busy. I am off to work soon and next week Jim and Gloria leave for Florida for ten days which means I will be working all day and then at night downstairs. I will be a little cranky by the time they come back..lol. Hope the boys are doing well.Has Nick ever asked how come he doesn't go to the school anymore. Probably doesn't even notice. Well the snow we were suppose to have did not come so YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA for that.Time to go get ready for work ..You have a great day/evening and say hi to Tim and the boys for me.Later Miss Holly..Love you guys..xoxoxo
ReplyDelete