I love a rainy night. I love to hear the thunder, watch the lightning, as it lights up the sky. You know it makes me feel good.
There. Now that I've written that down perhaps I can get the song out of my head and into someone else's. It is 9:30pm here on Sunday night and the kids have just gone to bed. Reason being, the four of us sat in the window sill of our bedroom and watched a wonderful thunder and lightning storm that has been going on since a little after six this evening. We thought it was done so we got them into bed but in the last few minutes it has resumed. I love storms and can sit and watch for hours. We sure saw some great lightning tonight. It was all over the place and lots right in front of us as we looked out over the river. It was fun and the kids enjoyed it too!
I missed writing last night mainly because there wasn't much to write about but also because I'm lazy. I don't believe I went anywhere yesterday but stayed home and played with the kids and Tim. Today wasn't much different except that we went as far as Carrefour. I didn't feel great yesterday and today and I think it may have had something to do with all the tomatoes I had in a salad that consists of raw garlic, onions, grape tomatoes and shredded carrot. Most of that stuff I never used to eat but when you put it all together with some olive oil and salt then drop it on some steamed rice, it's tasty! Too bad I ate it three times yesterday and then had sushi for supper. I guess I just can't eat that much rice and veggies.
So, we didn't do much this weekend. I think even if I hadn't overloaded on rice and veggies we wouldn't have gone anywhere great. We're coming up on the next payday and are trying to not be broke by the time it gets here. Also, the boys seem to be happy just to have all four of us together here playing with their toys or going to Happy City, which we did this afternoon. I think we will save our adventures for when Mamma gets here four weeks from today! Nicholas will start school one week from tomorrow so that will be some drama to write about I'm sure. I'm keeping my finger's crossed that it all goes smoothly, which is probably unrealistic. I'm hoping I don't know my kid as well as I think I do and he will absolutely love it. Dream on, Jan!
I must wish my sister, Andy, a Happy 29th Birthday (yesterday). I hope you had a great time away for the night! And, we will see you and everyone else three months from now. This week we are going to book our tickets home and if everything goes as planned we will be on our way in no time. It's hard to believe we are at this point. The time, for most days, is flying by. Of course, we still can't believe we are in China. Go figure!
I hope everyone reading this has a great week. I believe the provincial exhibition will be going on in Bible Hill so go and have a corn on the cob, a loose turkey burger and hot, salty fries, some cotton candy, a Scotburn ice cream or a candy apple for me. Not that I would eat any of that if I was there, but it's nice to think about everyone else enjoying it. Later tater!
Good morning Jan, hope the rain has stopped. I was hoping for pictures of the lightening, maybe next time. It is hard to believe that Nick will be in school in a week and then your mother will be there in a month, how time flies. I am afraid I won't be one of the people enjoying all the goodies that the EX offers, I probably won't even go. They are holding the parade at the end of the EX... on Saturday, they hope it will entice people to stay and go to the Ex.
ReplyDeleteWe went to Kenzie's ball game on Saturday am, they lost one game, won the other so they had to play again today. Carl and Stevie took him over, Hayden, Tracy and I stayed home.
Stevie, Hayden Kenzie and I went to Antigonish to the races last night (Sat.)and we got a call from Carl saying Tracy was on her way to the hospital via ambulance. She had severe pains in her stomach and couldn't get off the bed. She was running a temperature and she was dizzy. They did a blood test and her white blood cell count was elevated so they knew she was fighting an infection of some kind. They gave her a dose of antibiotics thru her IV and kept her in all night. She came home this morning but had to go back at 5:00 for another douse of antibiotics. They gave her pills to take so she won't have to run out to the hospital every day. She has to go see Tanya on Thursday. Gramp wasn't feeling well yesterday either, he had pains in his stomach and was pretty shaky, he went to bed at 8:00 slept till 10:00, got up and took his pills and went back to bed. He felt much better today. Apparently Leroy had the same thing last weekend.
We have had two beautiful days, really warm and sunny. Had a shower tonight, it just poured and then the sun came back out, up went the humidity, jumped from 46 to 72 percent.
Linda moved some boxes into the trailer today, they won't be moving furniture until next weekend. They really like the trailer and it looks so nice. I hope they will be happy there.
Hayden starts hockey camp tomorrow, it is only 1 hour a day so he will still have time to golf.
Both the boys are sleeping over tonight, I told them they could both sleep over before they went back to school and tonight is the night.
I guess it is time for me to call it a night, I am having trouble keeping my eyes open. You guys have a good day, bye for now.
Hi Jan, remember me? I am your other faithful reader but I have been away for a couple of days at the cottage so am just getting to read this tonight. Also I spent the day today in Middleton at my friend Susan's mother's funeral. Susan teaches your mom piano. Anyway I went with Joy and Carol and had nice drive down. It was a very nice funeral also. Her mother was such a sweet lady and was here in Truro at Parkland. I had been to visit her a few times and got to know her a bit. I love thunder storms! And I love to watch and take photos of them. It is raining quite hard here right now. We had a nice couple of days at the beach. Ellery and I went over on Saturday and it was so beautiful on Sunday. There were lots of people on the beach. I must read your next blog. Bye for now.
ReplyDelete