Wednesday, August 3, 2011

There Were Three In The Bed

and the little one said, "I want woo, Mom".

Yesterday afternoon Ryan awoke from his nap with a fever and continued to feel lousy all evening.  A little after seven he wanted to go to bed so I took him into our room and laid down with him.  I ended up falling asleep as well, hence no blog.  We were both awake periodically and sometime around two Nicholas came in with a flushed face and fever.  So, he climbed into bed with Ryan and I while Tim had gone to sleep in Nick's bed.  The three of us watched Franklin and both boys were awake for a good part of the night.  Eventually all three of us fell asleep but Ryan was up at seven.  I told him to go get Daddy up, which he did.  Then I woke up a little later and he was sitting by my head.  Tim had gotten up then fell asleep on the couch.  He had a 'mandatory vacation' day today (I still don't understand how that works) so he didn't go to work.  I sent Ryan out again and told him to wake Daddy up and ask him to make some pancakes with the new mix I bought.  He did and I guess they were really tasty but both boys only had a few bites.  They didn't feel like eating much.



I still had my massage and it felt great.  Then I got ready and took Nicholas out to a toy store and YooHoo.  It's been three days since I went anywhere so I needed to get out and he was feeling well enough to come along.  Well enough until I bought him a couple of cars from the new Cars 2 movie, then he wanted to come home.  We made it to YooHoo then home where Ryan was sleeping on the couch.  Nick is now resting on the chaise and we are going to relax.  It's too bad that they were sick today since it was actually nice enough to go outside and not suffocate.  It's raining now and the rest of the week is supposed to be hot and humid again.  Yea.



On a happier note, today I got my first piece of mail!  It was a lovely homemade card from Darlene and it only took a little over a month to get here.  It's funny how getting mail can lift your spirits, even if they aren't really down.  Thanks Darlene!


I thought that was it for today but I have to mention one more thing.  When Nicholas and I were driving around we came across a billboard type sign on a building.  It showed a woman in lingerie.

Nicholas:  "That's not a very good picture.  She's half-naked.  Why would they put that picture up?"

Me: "That must be the kind of clothes that they sell at that store.  They are advertising."

Nicholas: "Well, they must sell shirts."

Have a great day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Jan, sorry to hear that the boys are not feeling well, hopefully it is a 24 hour bug. Nice that you had Tim home to help. Ryan looks like he is having a good sleep in the pictures and Nick looks like he is almost asleep. I cannot believe how mature Nick is becoming. I do not know many four year olds that would notice a bill board with a half naked lady on it and then remark on the fact that she didn't have much on. I think I will see a really big difference in him when you get home in November.
    Glad to hear that you finally got your card, I was afraid it was lost. I do have something for the boys but was talking to your mom and she is gong to take it with her, I really don't want it lost in the mail even for a month.
    Ellery, Sheryl, Stefan and I removed the wall paper and border in Ann's trailer yesterday, today we are going to start painting.
    We had quite a thunder and lightening storm last night, it wasn't right over us, thank goodness. It started around 9 and we we still getting some thunder and lightening at 3 this morning. My rain gauge had two inches of water in it, and Carl had to take some water out of the pool, it was filled to the top of the skimmer. Apparently we are supposed to have more thunder and lightening and heavy rain today. Just what I need, lightening and working in a metal trailer!
    Ellery just came up, so I guess I had better get my breakfast and get dressed for painting.
    Hope your little guys are feeling better today and you have a good day. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Jan that the boys are sick. It's hard to get on with your day when they are not well. You just want to help them feel better. At least you got out for a little bit since Tim was able to stay with Ryan. Nick is very observant. Nothing gets past him. Liz got home from Australia and Bali. She had a great trip but snagged a cold along her travels so her ears are still plugged up. I know flying can really mess your ears up too. So it is probably a combination. Nice to have her home though. I was going to share with you what I am doing for my Aunt Helen's 90th birthday but I can't because I know they read your blog and that would let the cat out of the bag so I will have to tell you on Skype. Well I hope your babies are feeling better and that you or Tim don't take whatever they have. Have a great day! Bye for now!

    ReplyDelete