Thursday, August 11, 2011

Some Days Are Diamonds

Sorry I missed last night!  I was too tired and there wasn't a whole lot to write about.  It was a gorgeous day outside and the boys and I finally managed to get out around three o'clock.  Don't ask me why it took so long - I'm just not sure where the day went.  When we did go out we went to the playground by the kindergarten the kids could play on the swings.  Caroline and Kristoffer were there so I sat and chatted with him while Caroline watched the boys.  We stayed there for about an hour then walked over to the little store for bananas and ice cream treats.  Ryan had said he wanted a lollipop but when he saw Nick with the ice cream he changed him mind.  I made sure to tell him he could only have one treat and to choose carefully.  Once he was done with the ice cream he still wanted the lollipop and went on about it all evening.

After we ate supper Tim looked out the window and saw a Tai Chi demonstration going on.  It was neat.  Notice the little boy on the right copying their moves.  He was quite intrigued.




Today I was supposed to babysit Caroline but there was a change of plans so we had the morning to ourselves.  Unfortunately the weather wasn't nearly as good as yesterday so we stayed in.  This afternoon we went for a visit to Cristina's and had a very nice time.  She lives at a building that is a lot like a hotel and they have a playroom with a ball pit.  Of course, the boys wanted to play so we went and hung out there for almost two hours.  They sure had fun.










On our way back from Cristina's we stopped at Carrefour and I got some sushi for the three of us.  Nicholas absolutely loves the lobster pieces and who can blame him.  He's got his mother's expensive tastes!  I got Tian Ye to drop us off at the little store and Ryan finally got his lollipop.

Tonight it's just the three of us as Tim is going out for supper.  We are going to eat soon then Ryan is going to bed early since he didn't have a nap today.  I think Nicholas and I will watch a movie then he can go to bed and I get to have the evening to myself.  I bought a foot soak potion and some files so I think I will scrape the dead skin off my feet.  Talk about exciting times in China!  Aren't you glad I shared that with you.

So, I think that's it for now.  I hope everyone is doing well.  Keep in touch!

2 comments:

  1. Personally I think you owe it to your feet to treat them since they have such a big job taking you everywhere you want to go. You keep them pretty busy!! ;0) The boys really looked like they were having fun in the balls. What a neat place to play! And the Tai Chi demonstration would be beautiful and so relaxing to watch. I did Tai Chi for a few years and it is really very difficult, for me anyway, just to remember all the moves. But to watch someone who really knows what they are doing is awesome. Darlene and I are cleaning again today. We have the stove to finish up and some light fixtures, just odds and ends. Ellery and Stefan got a new cushion floor put down in the bathroom yesterday while we cleaned the windows. They were very bad. It took us all afternoon and we still have to do the outside if it every stops raining! This weather really sucks!! We got rid of some more dead trees from our backyard today which means more wood chips for my gardens! Stefan and Ellery chipped in the pouring rain. It was nice to talk to you and the boys the other day Jan. Nick is really growing up. Well hope you have a great day and bye for now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan, I often wonder where my days go, I make plans to do something and the day gets away from me and it is too late to follow up on my plans and before I know it it is bedtime.
    The boys sure do love the ball bin, they look like they are having a great time.
    Don't know of any place else you could look out your window and see a Tai Chi demonstration. I took Tai Chi for a few months, but like Sheryl I found it very hard to remember all the moves I had to concentrate too hard and therefore I didn't find it very relaxing. Kathy Putnam is a qualified Tai Chi Instructor and is very involved with the Tai Chi club in town.
    Sheryl and I painted some baseboard this morning, then we headed to the trailer to finish cleaning. She just called and said that Linda would really like to have the blinds put back up, so I guess we will be cleaning blinds tomorrow. Your mom stopped it at the trailer this afternoon and told us about the cat and the new air mattress. I guess Ari thought it was a great scratch toy.
    They tore down the old Taylor place today, Carl and I went out for a walk tonight so we went up to have a look. Seems really strange for the house to be gone.
    The firemen are having a fun day on Saturday, it is just for firemen and their families. We are taking Kenzie and Emma. Hayden has a ball tournament in Stewiacke so he will miss the fun.
    We put our new steps into the pool but they keep floating up. Steve is coming over tomorrow to see what we can do. I am beginning to think they are more trouble than they are worth. I might just take them out and wait until next summer to put them in, the way our climate is behaving we don't have any summer left anyway.
    Must go and get ready for bed, hope you guys have a great day. Bye and take care.

    ReplyDelete