Tonight after supper we noticed that outside of our building some people had set up a large screen and a booth. We didn't know what was up so the kids went back to fishing in the bathtub.
| Jacques Cousteau getting ready... |
| ...for some underwater exploration. |
Once it got dark we heard some noise from down below so we looked out the window. On the big screen they were showing Kung Fu Panda - the same movie I bought for the kids to watch on their iPods but which turned out to be a little too scary in parts. I asked them if they wanted to go watch. Ryan did for sure and Nicholas said he would but didn't want to watch when Kai Lung fought with blah, blah, blah... We took their little IKEA chairs and a stool for me and the four of us went out.
We ended up staying until the end and it was quite nice. We wore pants and bug spray so we wouldn't get eaten by the mosquitoes and the kids had bananas and juice packs. The dialogue was in Chinese but since the kids knew the movie anyway it didn't matter to them. I was even able to pick out some words that I recognized. It was a lot of fun and I hope they do it again before it gets too cold.
Yesterday when we were at YooHoo they had some kind of melon cut up for sampling. There were toothpicks for picking it up and the kids thought that was just wonderful. Nicholas liked the melon a lot so we bought some and today I cut it up along with some apples and the kids cleaned up the plate. I think it may have been the toothpicks I gave them...
Hope your headache is better today Jan. Love the pictures of the boys especially the fishing ones. What a neat idea to have a movie outside, instead of a drive in you guys had a sit in. It sounds like you had a good time. The boys are sure expanding their diet, good for them! Kids seem to like using tooth pick to eat with and if it gets them to eat that's great. what ever works.
ReplyDeleteWe had three lovely days in Lunenburg, it was very relaxing. We got there at lunch time on Wednesday and spent the afternoon sitting out on the deck watching the kids in the boat and the kayacks going by. Alex and Marian (Chris's mom and dad) came out after supper and we had a good visit. On Thursday Carl, Tracy and I took a run into Bridgewater and then we spent the afternoon either on the deck or out cruising in the boat. Alex and Marian came back out for supper, we had BBQ salmon, ribs and a salad with fruit for dessert for anyone that had room for it. After it got dark we had some fireworks down on the beach, it was really nice. The boys had a blast. They spent most of their time out in the boat with Patrick, they were either just bombing around or beach hopping to look for crabs. Steve and I managed to get a walk in after lunch today and then it was time to pack up and head for home. Kenzie is off to provincials in Trenton tomorrow and Hayden is golfing in the afternoon.
Well Jan I think it is bedtime, although I didn't seem to do much the last couple of days I am tired tonight. Hayden is spending the night so he doesn't have to get up early in the morning. We don't have to go to Trenton until around 9 so he can sleep in a bit. Kenzie has to be there by 7:30.
You guys have a great weekend. Take care.
Jan I think I am finally caught up in reading all of your posts to your blog. The photos are really great as usual. What a neat idea to fish in the tub! The boys look like they are having lots of fun. The outside movie is cool, Keri my cousin who lives in the valley has had neighbourhood outside movies in the summer. Like you said I think is would be good to have bug spray. I have heard that listerine works very well as a bug spray. But I haven't tried it yet. I must do that. I like eating fruit with a toothpick also. By the way, have the boys tried eating with chop sticks much? Fruit would probably be quite difficult to eat that way. Well Linda was up to show Jamie and her mother in law the trailer this evening and I think they all liked it. I did the final touches of cleaning it yesterday. The kitchen floor still needs to be done. Ellery and Stefan have gotten the blocking finished and the skirting still has to be done. Also a temporary step must be made. I made the most delicious blueberry pie today. It was yummy! I also went down and helped Mom put up her pictures on the walls. She had 5 or 6 boxes of photos to be sorted many of which she won't be putting out on display. I was there until around 8 this evening. We performed a dental surgery on Jerry yesterday. We were playing kong and he must have loosened his tooth on his kong toy. He was very upset and in pain. I got him calmed down and realized that the if we took him to the Vet he would be very stressed so I told Ellery that he should pull the tooth out. It was very loose and he took a hold of it with is fingers and got it out. Jerry was so happy immediately and jumped up wagging his tail wanting to play more. We didn't. We thought it best for him to let it heal. I bought him a new Kong this evening so it would be fairly clean. We played a bit tonight. Dogs heal so fast. Well must go get ready for bed. Have a great day tomorrow. I think Ellery and I are going to the cottage so I probably won't get to read your blog until Sunday evening but better late than never.
ReplyDelete