Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Another Great Day!

When I woke up this morning Mom and the boys were gone and I had the place to myself for an hour.  It was fabulous!  The silence was golden.  They went to the park and had a great time.  I think the following pictures are actually from yesterday, but I imagine it looked pretty much the same today.









































When they got home Ayi was here and Mom finally got to meet her.  We decided we would go to IKEA, Metro and perhaps Wu'ai Market today.  That was wishful thinking, I know, especially since we first had to drop by the school so I could get Nick's sneakers and go to Michelin for Tim to give Tian Ye directions for the restaurant he was going to tonight.  The stop at school was a brief one and, surprisingly enough, Nicholas didn't want to go in and say goodbye to anyone.  I spoke briefly to his teacher and let her know that I appreciated that she tried to help him so much.  She seemed to understand and wished us luck.

After the stop at Michelin we went to IKEA for lunch and a quick look around.  Nick and Ryan got their token hot dogs while Mom and I ate in the restaurant.  The food was good except that I ended up with pork when I thought I was buying beef so I just had rice and broccoli.  Mom had rice with a mushroom mixture on it and we all had a little dessert.  It was tasty but not as good as home.  I also replenished my dark chocolate bar supply while I was there.












By the time we got through IKEA Ryan was so cranky that we decided to just go home.  He was up really early with Nanny so he was pretty tired, even though he had slept in the van on the way there.  So, no Metro or Wu'ai but that's okay.  We chilled out at home for a bit, had some supper then went out to fly our kites.  Only problem, there was no wind whatsoever.  Instead we walked around and played on the exercise equipment.  When we got home from that it was almost time for bed so the boys played for a few minutes, had some bananas and are no sound asleep (I hope) while Mom and I relax.






Tomorrow the plan is to go to the indoor water park so we will see how that pans out.  Thanks to everyone for the comments and emails yesterday.  It is very much appreciated!

Have a great one guys!

3 comments:

  1. The photos are so cute! The boys are really enjoying Nanny and so are you Jan. It is so great for you to have a break. Every time I see a food photo it makes my mouth water. It looks so good. I must tell you that Darlene and I have been swimming the last two days ( think we already told you that) and each time she gets into the pool right off the bat she starts talking about food! Of course I haven't had my breakfast yet and I start drooling as she is speaking. I think I am starting to take after Jerry! I told her yesterday, Can we please talk about something else beside food!" I guess I am a real food person. We went out last night and got Gramp some new pants and shirts. I think he liked most of them except the dark colored ones but he will probably wear them anyway. I am taking Mackenzie shopping this afternoon for his birthday. We will have fun. Well I think my lunch is ready so must go eat! Bye for now and have lots of fun and keep up the great work with the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures Jan, Nick looks very interested in the gentlemen who is fishing. Especially like the ones of the boys climbing over the big rocks, the boy's look like they are having fun.
    Isn't it a nice treat to wake up to silence first thing in the morning, especially when you know the two little boys are being well looked after.
    Sheryl and I painted this morning after swimming but didn't get back to it after lunch. I went out to Marks Work Warehouse and got Dad a couple of good dress shirts and two pair of pants. I picked Hayden up and school and took him to his mother at the office, Sheryl dropped Kenzie off to Tracy and she took them to their Dr appointment.
    Carl is making mustard pickles tonight he has already done two batches of beets and one batch of million dollar relish (we use it down stairs on Saturday's).
    I think I will get ready for bed and do a little reading for a while.
    Enjoy your day at the water park, say hi to everyone for me.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos.It is so nice to be able to come on read all the adventures you are having...keep em coming Miss Holly...Miss you guys...xoxox

    ReplyDelete