| The first pick-up I have seen in Shenyang. |
| Ryan took this one! |
| Basketball under the bridge |
| Gardens in the empty lot between the new complex and the bridge. |
| This is where the seasonal workers from the complex eat and do laundry. |
| These white buildings are where the seasonal workers live. |
| Galaxy Bay - The new apartment complex beside Eastern Venice. |
| Workers getting washed up for lunch. |
After Happy City we came home and tried to get Ryan to take a nap. No dice. Nanny ended up having a sleep though. I got some veggies ready for supper then we played school. Nicholas was the teacher and Ryan and I the students, then Nanny joined the class when she got up. He taught us our letters and let us have breaks to look at the mini photo albums Darlene sent from Canada. After 'gym class' which consisted of a bowling lesson, we decided to venture outside once again. First we went up on the roof so I could have my first look at the view from there. Aside from the poor air quality it was pretty cool. From there we headed to the park area in front of Eastern Venice for some kite flying. It was a great day for it but unfortunately we forgot to bring a camera. We will go again soon though since Mom really enjoyed it and next time I will make sure to remember.
By the time we were done with the kites it was supper and bed time for the kids. Once they were tucked in Mom and I went back out to feed the cats and go for a walk. While we were checking in on the kitties another lady joined us, bringing her own dish of food. She is Japanese and a really lovely person. You can tell she really cares about the animals. Unfortunately though, I counted twelve cats and I don't think any of them belong to anyone. A lot of them are just young kittens so I don't know what will happen to them come winter time. They seem happy now though. One of them left a dead mouse in front of the door to our building, I think as a gift for Mom.
We had a nice walk along the park and just got back a few minutes ago. It's time for a shower and bed. Tomorrow is likely to be a little busier. We did get an appointment with Sue for Wednesday at lunch time so hopefully that will give her enough time to get Mom's clothes done before she leaves. It should be interesting!
I won't pic of the cats pls and nice pics ryan jamie
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty park (forest?). The photo of your mom is lovely too, she looks so relaxed & happy.
ReplyDeleteRyan is becoming quite the little photographer, he does a great job taking pictures. It doesn't hurt to have a quiet day here and there, you get a chance to regroup and get ready for the next adventure.
ReplyDeleteYour Mom seems to be fitting right in, sounds like she is having a great time.
Sheryl and I went swimming this morning, I am going to try to swim every day thru the week, if my shoulder starts to bother me again I will go back to three times a week.
We painted for most of the day, we are hoping to get it all finished tomorrow then it will be time to do some general cleaning. Ellery will be starting up the plant on Wednesday....I think....then we put the ice in on the weekend.
It is almost 10:00 so I must go and get ready for bed.
Have a great day, hi to all.
Love the photo of Ryan and all of the flower pots in rows. The others are very nice also. Cute photo of your Mom, Jan. Ryan did a great job. It has been so beautiful here and warm. We painted in short sleeves and shorts or capris. I really like the fall. It's funny that they don't have lots of pickup trucks in China. But I guess they can load up the donkeys so well and they don't burn gas! Also as you have shown us they are good at loading up bicycles and scooters. Guess I will go to bed and read for a while. Have fun tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteHey sweetie! Sorry I have been absent - seems a testament to my overall existence these days.
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy you have had Mamma bear for a visit. You must be so happy.
I haven't read back very far, as I am short on time just now ... but I am sorry to hear you are having troubles with the boys and school. It's tough - I know.
I'll give you the same advice I'm getting: Follow your instincts, love them every bit as fiercely as always and have faith.
I know - it's hard to swallow that, but it's the best I have just now.
Love to you and yours, my friend.
D