Today Nicholas officially declared Sunday, October 18th, Nanny Day in Shenyang. He is so excited he could hardly sit still. When Ayi was here this morning we did some extra cleaning to make sure that everything looks great for her arrival. I asked Ayi about the vegetable and it turns out that it is a radish, but not a giant one. According to her they come much bigger than that. Since she knew so much about it I offered it to her. I really don't care for radishes much. Even better than that, when I asked her if she wanted the five bags of clothes I had sitting in the living room she said she would take those too. Problem solved! I was going to get Tian Ye to deliver them to her but when I put her on the phone with him she said she didn't want him to deliver them. Since she had made a few calls I figured her husband or someone was going to come for them. A short time later she indicated that someone was going to be here soon so Nick and I helped her take them down in the elevator. I waited inside while Nick stayed out with her and when I looked out the window I saw an Audi driving up and thought the driver was talking to Ayi. Wow, an Audi! That's a nice a nice car. I was a little puzzled until the car moved on and a man on a scooter pulled up. That can't be! How is he going to take five big garbage bags on a scooter. I had to get pictures although it was a little difficult since I had to hold the camera out the window and shoot blindly.
They got them all on the scooter and off he went. I hope she can find the women's clothes useful although I'm not sure they'll fit her. I think she was more interested in the kids clothes. It turns out she has a grandson and I think he must be close in age to Ryan.
Once our cleaning was done I took the boys outside. It was a beautiful day again but it was too bad we didn't get out earlier. Before long we had to come back in for lunch and a nap for Ryan. He wanted me to lay down with him so I did and ended up falling asleep. Nick came in and woke me up, we read a few books, then I fell asleep again. I guess I was a little tired. By the time I got up it was three o'clock and Lena was coming at four. I got the boys outside for a little run then Nick ended up going with Celine and Caroline for a walk to Carrefour. It was nice to have my massage with just Ryan here, it meant no fighting.
After supper with had a last Skype conversation with Nanny. The next time we see her will be at the airport in Shenyang on Sunday morning. Tomorrow is going to be a long day. At lunch today Nicholas said that he just wanted the day to be over. It was then that he had me clarify which day was Nanny Day, for the hundredth time. He also asked me a few times, "Aren't you excited to see your Mom! Because you love her?". He has been very loving lately and even compliments me on my parenting skills. I'm not sure if he's starting to accept the fact that he has to go to school or is just so thrilled to have his Nanny coming. Even Ryan had trouble getting to sleep tonight. I might too!
Hope you can get a little rest Jan cause when your Mom arrives I'm sure you will be traveling everywhere. You all are going to have so much fun. Nanny Day is a great reason to have a holiday! I can't believe Ayi's husband got all those bags on his scooter. Although they do load up those little donkeys so I guess it isn't much different than a scooter. Well I am supposed to be painting this morning but had a chiropractic adjustment so I am just having breakfast now and going right up. Darlene is already up there painting so must get going. Bye for now!
ReplyDeleteLeave it to Nick to come up with Nanny Day, he is a lot like his mother....very ingenious! As Sheryl said, get lots of rest tonight, you will be really busy for the next 30 days. It will be great to have your Mom there and I know the boys are very excited to see their Nanny.
ReplyDeleteSheryl and I are just about finished painting with the white paint, just a little more brushing to do.
It was very cool here today, we had rain last night but the sun was out by lunch time. It was a lovely fall day.
Carl is doing pickles. He did beets yesterday, 25 bottles and he is doing relish tonight, he will cook it tomorrow it has to sit over night.
I am headed to New Glasgow tomorrow to get Kenzie's birthday gift and to see if I can find something to wear to the Firemen's 50th Anniversary Banquet. Carl and I are going and Gramp is coming with us. He probably will only stay for the supper and then come home and that will be fine with us.
Must go and get myself ready for bed. You guys have a great day. Love to all, take care.