As I write this blog, Ma is six hours, fifteen minutes into her second and longest flight. She is just to the north of Yukon and Alaska. There is only seven hours, twelve minutes left to go until she lands in Seoul. (I have been following on FlightAware). After a few hours in Korea she will board an airplane for her last flight of only a little over an hour to Shenyang. Am I a little excited? You could say that. Nicholas was actually thrilled to go to bed tonight. He couldn't wait for this day to be over and it ended up being mostly about cleaning up, doing laundry, and killing time. Ryan and I had a nap since he was up at 5:50 this morning while Tim and Nick went outside for a while. Afterwards we all walked up to Carrefour and the boys went to Happy City. Tim got some groceries and came home while I stayed to wait for the kids. I ended up having a 'conversation' with several Chinese ladies who were also there. I think I did okay but a few questions I couldn't answer. One younger woman spoke a very little bit of English and she tried to translate a bit but I know they had a lot more questions. The first lady who spoke to me asked if Nicholas was eight-years-old. When I told her he was only four, almost five, she thought I didn't know my numbers in Chinese. Several times she held up four fingers to make sure I knew what 'si sui' meant.
Tonight we had a feed of fried rice made by Tim and it was excellent. The boys had a bath then we read stories until we let them go to bed. Tim and I are just chilling out, enjoying the quiet. Tomorrow will be an exciting day, perhaps the largest since we've been here. Red sky tonight, Nanny's delight! It should be another nice day in Shenyang. I hope Mom is ready for the barrage she will get when she arrives. There will be two little boys who won't be able to stop talking.
This morning, as per a suggestion by Bumpy (my Dad) to help pass the day, we made a banner to welcome Nanny to Shenyang. It only took about a half hour but I think she will appreciate the results:
Jan, I remember when your Mom and Dad took all you kids, including Darren to Florida, she told me that you and Darren followed the map all the way there. Guess that is something you still like to do only now it air travel on the computer. We have been trying to figure out just where she might be, thanks for the info.
ReplyDeleteNick and Ryan, that is a great sign and nanny will love it. You guys did a great job.
I am sure she is ready and looking forward to the barrage, she has missed those two little boys and the big people too!
We are not painting today, taking a break. Hopefully we will get it all done next week. I still have to do the pages for the rental book and Carl and I have to get the canteen ready before I go away. It needs a good cleaning, might get to that this weekend or not.
You folks have a great day with mom/nanny, a little blog to let us know that she arrived safely would be nice, if you have time. Just two words....."She Arrived!"
Take Care.
Great job on the banner guys.Smitty will be so excited to see you all and vise versa I am sure.Have a wonderful time with Nanny boys.Keep her busy....Hope to talk soon...xoxoxoxo
ReplyDeleteIsn't technology great! Especially when it is working. I love to track the flights when someone is traveling. I was thinking yesterday I should call your Dad to get her flight number but I wouldn't have had time to check it out anyhow. The banner is wonderful and I'm sure she will appreciate all of the hard work you guys have put into it. I am excited to see arrival photos and messages. I went to my second auction yesterday with Mom and we had a great time. I got all kinds of special goodies from our cousin Pearl's home in Welsford. She is in a nursing home in Pictou now at the age of 94 but still sharp as a tack. She has diabetes so she lost most of her eyesight and is on 5 needles a day but that doesn't stop her. We didn't get home until 11:15 or so last night and arrived at the auction at 3:30 so we had a long day but very interesting. I tried Zumba and hot yoga and warm yoga today at the gym open house. I really like the warm and Zumba but not the hot yoga. It was a little too warm for me and I don't like getting too hot. Well must go and call Verna and hope you and your boys have a terrific time with your Mom. Bye for now!
ReplyDelete