Friday, September 9, 2011

Eastern Venice's Got Talent!

Today was a busy day for Nicholas, Ryan and I.  We went shopping at three different grocery stores trying to find ingredients for supper tomorrow night.  We are having guests again!  It's been a while.  On the drive I started to realize that a lot of my mood this week was likely due to driving in the van.  Yesterday Tian Ye was playing songs that made me want jump from the moving vehicle like Somewhere Over The Rainbow, My Heart Will Go On (the song from Titanic), Tears In Heaven and other songs about dying and love.  No wonder I was having a difficult time.  Today the theme seemed to be a little more upbeat so I was okay.  We gave him an SD card with songs on it that he could play but he seems to prefer his own music which usually isn't quite so depressing.  I think I need to get another iPod so I can have something to listen to when we're driving.

We got home at two o'clock this afternoon after finding everything I need to made Athens casserole and went out to play.  The weather is still gorgeous here with sunny skies and cooler temperatures.  We noticed that the management people were setting up a stage and sound equipment in front of our building.  It's a holiday weekend here so we figured it must be for that.








Ryan and Nicholas waiting for the show to start.








Celine and Caroline Checking Things Out Too

I sat and tried to chat in Chinese with some of the ladies working the show and they asked me if I could sing.  Ha!  They should have asked Ryan.  Anytime I start to sing he says, "No Mommy.  Don't sing."  I did manage to find out that the show was to start at six.  While we were sitting there I got a call from Lena.  As difficult as it is to believe, I forgot that it was Friday and time for my massage.  She was waiting for me at our apartment so I quickly rounded up the boys and we came in.  It was, as usual, wonderfully relaxing and I'm glad she didn't just leave when we weren't here on time.

After my massage I quickly made some beef and broccoli with rice and we got ready to go out for the show.  Nicholas was so excited he had butterflies in his belly and he rushed us out the door.  We didn't need to hurry though since the first fifteen minutes or so consisted of several people chattering in Chinese and we didn't understand anyway.  When the entertainment started we moved around until we found a spot where the kids could see the dancing and entertainment.

Nick didn't like this.

Ryan did!




The fingers went in the ears when...

this guy started his harmonica routine.

The MC's


The ladies with the fans.


Snap!

Nicholas loves the fan ladies!



This little girl recited something quite long and did very well.


This guy was doing a decent job singing then he purposely dropped the mic and...

started doing kung fu.

When he was done with the kung fu he continued singing.

These girls were spunky and fun.




Following this group and woman came on to sing in an incredibly ear-piercing voice.  Tim and Ryan had already gone home so Nick and I decided to join them.  Even from our apartment we could hear her cackling.  Following her 'singing' there were two more dancing groups and we watched them from the window then the show was over and everyone went home.  The stage and equipment is gone and you would never know anything had gone on down there.  It was a pretty neat show and nice to have right outside our door.  I am thinking that perhaps there will be fireworks this weekend.  Ryan and I were awoken at two in the morning to fireworks, very pleasant.  We will try and get to some other events this weekend if we can find out what going on before it ends.  They don't waste any time shutting things down here.  Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jan, I am back! We had a wonderful trip to the cottage, Mom, Aunt Myrtle and I. It was great weather and we went visiting and eating especially eating all weekend. Each of us had fun and I think they are pretty tired. We would have still been there today except that Aunt Myrtle had a wedding shower to attend this afternoon.

    What beautiful photos you have taken. The boys look so cute on the playground equipment and Ryan with is little wheelbarrow. The show is so colorful. I think it was just as well that Ryan was content on Tim's shoulders as Nick would be quite heavy. He is getting so tall! I know what Chinese music and singing sounds like and they definitely have very high pitched voices. It will be interesting to see what other events will be going on for you to take in. You will have to get Nick a fan. Looks like he could have some fun with it! Well must move on to your next blog entry.

    ReplyDelete