Since we were leaving early we had asked Tian Ye to pick up some flowers for Nanny. When we got to the van we saw a beautiful bouquet of roses, lilies, mums, daisies, glads and a few others I'm not sure about. Great job, Tien Ye! Off we went to the airport. It was a painful wait for the plane to land and for Mom to get through customs. There were a lot of people around waiting for their relatives and everyone was starring at us wondering, I think, who it was we were waiting for. Nick was just bouncing waiting for her to walk through the door. When she finally did, there were big hugs all around!
The boys had to stop Nanny to show her the excavator and dump truck. They are doing a lot of renovations at the airport.
Ryan even backtracked her to show her more construction.
| Aren't they cute? |
The drive home was loud and poor Nanny was being pulled in two directions. She was loving it though.
| The guest of honor arrives at Eastern Venice. |
The first twenty minutes she was here was consisted of a whirlwind tour by the boys and trying to listen to them both since they were talking at the same time while dragging her from room to room.
| Welcome to China, Nanny! |
| The boys finally get to play with their Cars 2 mats and vehicles. |
We didn't stay home long as Tien Ye wanted to take us for lunch so Mom could have some authentic Chinese food.
| Nick wanted Nanny to carry him for most of the afternoon. She did well, he's almost 60lbs. |
| Ryan's lunch. He especially enjoyed the beer. |
| Awe, he is so happy to have his Nanny here. |
| Nick was so excited he wanted us to hug! |
We chilled for a bit after being outside then Nanny had a nap on the chaise. When she woke up we all went outside again for a lovely walk around.
Tonight we had supper and now Nanny and the boys are in bed. She managed to stay awake until a little after seven which I think is really good. Now if she can just sleep in a bit she shouldn't have much trouble adjusting to the time change.
The boys opened most of the gifts they received from home via Nanny, even though most of them were meant as birthday presents. Oh well, we were all caught up in the moment! They will be calling you all in the next few days to say "Xie xie".
Now my only issue is to decide if Nicholas has to go to school tomorrow. I had told him he would still have to go but he's still so excited about seeing his Nanny that I hate to do it. On the other hand, I don't want him to get used to not going. I guess we will decide in the morning if Mom actually feels like doing something fun. If so, perhaps he won't be going.
I must go. Thanks to all the well wishers. I'm sure we will have a great time over the next month. If I fail to update everyday, I'm sorry. I will take lots of pictures though!
What a great post Jan!! I absolutely love all the pics! The boys (and you) will have such a wonderful time! It's great to have family visit. We felt the same way when James was here!!!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy every minute making wonderful memories!!!
Glad to hear Mom arrived safely, she looks good considering the long flight. Wonderful pictures Jan, everyone looks soooooo happy! Nice to see some pictures of you, Tim and the kids together. We don't get too many of those. Love mom's flowers, they are so pretty.
ReplyDeleteI am not surprised that she loved China right away, she is pretty adaptable. It was very nice of Tian Ye to take you all to dinner, the food looks delicious. You guys are going to have an exciting month showing your mom all the sights in Shenyang. I will be looking forward to your blog, you are doing a fantastic job keeping us all informed. Keep up the good work!
I am doing some cleaning today and computer work. Hayden has tryouts tonight. He is trying our for Bantam A - it is hard to believe that he is old enough to play Bantam.
We might take a drive down to Economy this afternoon to visit Hilda - Carl worked in the Bank with her in Amherst way back when.
Guess I had better go and get something done before the day is gone.
You guys have a great day, take care.
Jan, glad to hear your mom has arrived in China. You guys must be so excited. I read your blog everyday and really enjoy hearing all about your adventures.
ReplyDeleteHave a good day. Bye for now.
Jan...What a nice welcome for nanny.The kids look so excited and a little happy..lol. Like Darl said it is nice to see pics of you,Tim and the boys. Your mom will adjust to China very quickly I think. Enjoy your visit and can't wait to see you guys again. I am loving the blogs and hearing about all the adventures and looking forward to reading the ones of nanny's visit. Take care.Lo9ve you guys xoxoxoxoxo
ReplyDeleteJan that was a welcome fit for a Queen. Your Mom now knows what a celebrity must feel like! The flowers are gorgeous and the photos are perfect play by play. Just want I wanted to see. I had tears in my eyes looking at the photos cause I can see the excitement in everyone's smiles and eyes. I can almost feel the hugs! Lorraine you look wonderful after the long flight and if I'm not mistaken you have the top on that I took up that I thought was too late to catch you before you left. I know you are all going to have a really fun time. Again great job on the photos to share with us here at home and enjoy every minute. The Chinese food looks yummy. Enjoy! Bye for now.
ReplyDeleteYay! So glad your mom made it safely. I know you guys will have a wonderful time during her visit. Great pics!!!
ReplyDeleteHere I sit at the office - with tears in my eyes!! The pictures capture the happiness of having your Mom with you! Nothing beats that!! Enjoy your time - takes lots of pics and give everyone a hug from us. Can't wait to give you a real hug! Love to all. Stevie, Tracy, Hayden and Kenzie!!!
ReplyDelete