After the water park Mom and I went out for supper at Traders Hotel. We sat in the lobby bar and had wine then Mom ate a Caesar salad while I had roast duck. We had a very relaxing time people watching and did a little bit of shopping afterward but we were too tired to do much trotting around. It was just nice to sit, drink and chat.
| Isn't that sign balanced nicely on my head? |
This morning we had to make a trip to a government office to sign forms for Ryan's residence permit. We had thought about going to the Imperial Palace afterward but I had a headache and we didn't have a lot of time so decided to save that for another day. Instead we went to the Rich Gate Mall where the kids got Subway and Mom and I had lunch at YooHoo. It was yummy but pretty salty. We both agree that eating at home is best!
After getting some groceries we came back home so Ryan could have a nap and I ended up falling asleep beside him. I woke up just in time for my massage. Mom had one as well and we both are very relaxed tonight. We had a lovely supper and after cleaning up have been sitting around waiting for Ryan to go to bed. Tim has fallen asleep on the couch and Mom is trying to get to bed, but Ryan is still wide awake beside me.
This morning Mom and the boys made a very interesting discovery. Leave it to her to seek out the fun stuff! It turns out that if you go up to the eighteenth floor of our building you can access the rooftop very easily. I haven't made it up there yet but the pictures Mom took are great. We plan to go up some night this weekend to get pictures of the lights and perhaps the next time there are fireworks we can watch from there. During the first week of October China celebrates their National Days so there will likely be something to see then. They know how to throw parties here! For now, you can see the photos Mom took today.
| No, this guy hasn't fallen to an untimely death. He's just having one of several daily naps. |
Now Ryan and Mom have gone to sleep and Tim is awake. I think I'd better grab a snack then head off to bed myself. I'm sure it will be a busy weekend. Have a great Friday everyone!
Great photos again Jan and so nice to see photos of you and your Mom. The kids are having an amazing time. They are so fortunate to have this wonderful experience as we have all said before! The massages must be such a treat for your Mom also. With your busy days it must really help you relax. Darlene and I didn't swim today. She had an appointment with Carole and I went with Stefan to his chiropractic appointment because there is a pet store right beside Dr. Celina's and I wanted to get Jerry a harness for walking. We tried it out this morning and it works very well. We walked to Princeton Heights and back and he didn't tug at all. I am making lunch now so must go get it finished up. Bye for now and have lots of fun and relaxation.
ReplyDeleteOh yes Jan, I did want to mention one more thing. I love the view photos that your mom took from the top of the building. They are amazing. Also I did think at first that the Chinese fellow must have fallen but I couldn't imagine your mom taking his photo so figured he must be asleep. Boy they sure can fall asleep anywhere!
ReplyDeleteWonderful pictures Jan, and I love that Water Park, what a fabulous place for the kids (and adults too), Hayden, Kenzie, Paige and Kaitlyn would have a great time at something like that. What a breathtaking view from the top of your building, it will be beautiful after dark with all the city lights, and if you can watch the fireworks from up there that would be spectacular. Will be looking forward to some more great roof top pictures.
ReplyDeleteYou must enjoy the time you and your mom have to relax, and the massage sounds wonderful. It will help wick away any weariness.
I had my manicure and pedicure today and
I found that to be very relaxing, Carole does such a good job, I was there for 2 1/2 hours, we had quite a visit.
Carl and I went to Sub-way for lunch and had a roasted chicken sub on 9 grain honey oat (I think that is what it is called) roll. It was really good and I didn't have to make it.
It was nice here today, the temp was 23 but with the humidex it was 29, we are supposed to have rain on Saturday and fine again on
Sunday.
Carl and I are just waiting for Tracy and Hayden to come home from the rink. I am afraid he will be cut tonight, so he will be a little upset for a while, in the meantime we are on pins and needles. He will go to Debert and try out for Bantam B or he might decided to just play house league. Some of those Bantam kids are 15 and a lot bigger than he is, I wouldn't like to see him get hurt and there is no checking in house league.
Well Jan, we haven't been doing much for excitement around here, but I am still tired at night, I wonder if I had a massage or two if it would help. Guess I will go and read for a bit, it is way to early to go to bed, I at least have to wait for it to get dark.
Your guys have a great weekend, hi to all, take care.
Looks like you had the place to yourselves!!
ReplyDeleteWhat an adventure ..Looks like a beautiful place for you guys to go to. Love the pictures. Not much happening here.It is Sunday and I don't have to work..YEAAAAA. Ellery is turning the ice plant on Monday and it won't be long and things will be in full swing again,, Looks like your mom ism having a ball and you were right..Leave it to her to find another adventure....You guys have a great day /night...Off to the tub and then going for breakfast.Catch you again soon..XOXOOXO
ReplyDelete