My pillow of confidence has been fluffed, thank you all who wrote to me both with comments and emails. Even though the page counter increases, without comments I become convinced that the only people looking at my blog are the spammers that flood my inbox with junk mail.
Yesterday I forgot to post the pictures Tim took at the furniture market and he insisted that I do so today. He absolutely loves this furniture. I figure if it's comfortable, why not? The only thing I really found revolting (keep in mind we didn't look at everything) was a horrific royal blue, velvet settee with silver painted wood. He claimed that he didn't like it either but from the look in his eyes I wasn't so sure. When Mom comes to visit we are going to go look again and I will remember to take my good camera to get better pictures.
Today we took the boys to Happy City and they had a great time. While Tim watched them I checked out a new store in the mall called Tom and Jerry's. They sell kids clothing with the Tom and Jerry logo on it. They are very pricey for China at 120rmb (about $18) for a t-shirt. I did have a good laugh though when I looked at one polo style shirt that had a lot of English writing on it. The last line said "PALY TOGETER" which I can only assume was supposed to be "PLAY TOGETHER". I'm guessing the clothing isn't licensed. I showed the woman who worked there since she was wondering what I was laughing about and I pointed to the misspelled words and said, "Bu hao" (Not good). She looked confused.
We made a quick exit from Happy City when Ryan bit Nicholas on the side of his belly. Nick went with Tim to get some groceries while I took Ryan home, making sure to let him know that I was not happy with him at all. I didn't let him do any of the things he enjoys on the walk home like opening the gate with the keys, running around the playground and fountain, entering the code for the door downstairs, and pressing the buttons in the elevator. He had a quick, quiet lunch then went to bed. When Nicholas came home Ryan gave him a hug and told him he was sorry. I think he meant it.
Now I am going to open my barbershop for the afternoon to cut Tim's and possibly Ryan's hair. We want everyone looking smart when Nanny arrives. The weather is so beautiful here now that it's the perfect time to visit. It's becoming cool enough for pants but the sun is still shining and there is often a little breeze. Very similar to Nova Scotia now. The funny thing is that usually the first six months away on an expat assignment are supposed to be the toughest. There is a lot of adjustment and usually homesickness to deal with. We have now been here just over five months and Tim and I haven't experienced any of that and the kids just a little bit. Although we miss the people back home, there is so much to do here that it's easy to keep busy and distracted. I think that as Nicholas settles into school life, everything will be copacetic once again. Then before we know it November will be here and the kids and I will leave for two months! We will come back just in time for Chinese New Year then it's off to Thailand for a week. We are already planning vacations for later next year but nothing is final yet. That seems a long way off but I know the time will fly by.
I think I have started rambling so it must be time to go. Let the hair cutting commence!
Hello Jan; Yes, this is your mamma and I am getting absolutely extatic about getting over to China. If you had not been born, although you were a last minute decision on my part to try for one more kid before O,s vesectomy on the following Tuesday, I would never have gotten to see London, England three times, Belgim in a Taxi at Christmas all in one day, Paris France for a weekend, stood on meredian on New Year's watching a donkey eat her lunch, ate Christmas pudding in the Grand Hotel in Plymouth England on Christmas day Evening, stayed in Bradford on Avon on Christmas Eve and attended the beautiful 3000 year old Anglican Church service at midnight in that gorgeous little town,attended your and Tim's wedding on board the Carnival ship off Jiamaca's coast,the Rock of Gibralter aand had my glasses repaired there by a generous opthomologist, Spain Portigual, intoxication and 3 purses in Rome, Pompi where we had to hijack that taxi driver and his customer to get us back to the ship as the trains were on strike and just sat on the tracks, and soooo many more beautiful places you've caused me to travel in order to be with you,then Tim and now Nick and Ryan, what a mother won't do for her kids eh? Gotta go now and earn some more money to pay for the Visas for the last and next adventures that you are about to take me on. I Am So Blessed To Have Had You!!! Love to all and have a great day. Mamma p.s. disregard the horrific spelling Sheryl, I don't know how to spell check and don't have time today also Sheryl thanks for the great hair cut in the garage the other night, easy maintenance on my travels to China!
ReplyDeleteI am totally ignoring the spelling. Actually I am not so up on it myself anymore and frequently spell things wrong! But I just can't help bug Owen about it!! I get the feeling your Mom is very pleased to have a traveling daughter!! And it is very exciting for you to have a traveling Mother. One that is willing to go the distance to visit! I think you are both very lucky to have one another. Jan your photos are great and I also really like the big chunky leather furniture. It is really comfy looking. The tan color would match anything. Darlene and I are painting today or should I say going to start painting today. We haven't yet. We didn't have enough paint so Darlene ordered it and Carl went and picked it up. Now we are ready to paint. I had to get lunch and clean up before I went back up plus I wanted to read your blog so I guess it is time to go. Have fun as you always do! Bye for now!
ReplyDeleteI think your mom is a little excited. It will be another fantastic trip for her, it is good that she likes to travel.
ReplyDeleteI have to do up the boys gifts and get them up to your mom or she will be going to China and they won't be!
Love the pictures of the furniture, I am afraid there would be no room in my place for those big pieces, but they sure look like they would be comfortable. You and your mom will have to try them out on your next visit.
Sheryl and I did paint this afternoon. We got all the white done that we had to do in the rink and did the walls and ceiling in dressing 2.
She has pictures to take tomorrow morning and I have an appointment at 10:30 so it will likely be after lunch before we get back to it.
The guys are here to install the recovery unit for the rink, I told them the first thing they have to hook up is the pool, I don't think I will have the last word on that.
I am going to relax tonight and read my book. Probably will be in bed early.
Have a good day. Bye for now!
Two months!!! Jan, I know we really don't know each other yet and haven't met in person but I'm already wondering what I am going to do without my "go to" person in China. Any way you might consider shortening your vacation home??? I'm just kidding, of course. But I am glad that you will still be there when we arrive. I Iove furniture shopping! You will have to show me that place too!!!
ReplyDeleteJan, have fun with your Momma!!
ReplyDelete